With a regular maintenance program, your garage door will have a long life expectancy and will stay in good condition for many years. Just as washing your car is important for removing dirt and grime, your garage door needs to be given a regular wash to keep it looking in great shape.The effects of ultraviolet light, atmospheric pollution, general dirt, grime airborne salt deposits will accumulate over time and it is essential they are removed at regular intervals. Cleaning should be done at three monthly intervals or at one monthly intervals in coastal areas within 1km of marine environments.
Garage doors that are under large soffits, carports or are sheltered from any rain washing are more vulnerable to deterioration or oxidation than exposed doors.
Rain washing or cleaning your garage door with water is insufficient as this will not remove salt and other deposits.
Maintenance Colour Steel Sectional Doors
- Remove loose deposits with a wet sponge as a posed to risk micro scratching the painted surface with a dry brush.
- Using a soft brush or wet sponge with a mild detergent in warm clean water remove teh dirt, salt and other pollutants. With a sectional door it is necessary to clean in between the panel sections.
- After washing rinse door with fresh water to remove and detergent or cleaning agent.
NOTE: Colour steel is best washed with a good quality car wash detergent.
- Keep all tracks free of grease and clean of loose debris that can cause the door rollers to jamb.
- With a light machine oil or (bicycle chain oil) lubricate all hinges and rollers.
- Grease the tension spring with grease to help stop binding of spring.
Maintenance of Cedar and or Plywood Clad Sectional Doors